All Canadian citizens receive OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) which covers many of the health services you made need, such as appointments with your family doctor, visits to walk-in clinics and some other healthcare providers, visits to an emergency room, medical tests and surgeries.
Woodstock and Area Community Health Centre
The Woodstock and Area Community Health Centre (WACHC) provides the people of Oxford County with:
- Primary Health Care services
- Health promotion & Education
- Counselling and Wellness Initiatives
- Community Health Programs
Ingersoll Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
- The Ingersoll Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic provides a full complement of core and comprehensive services to its registered clients. Services include:
- Health assessments (physical examinations)
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Primary reproductive care
- Primary mental health care
- Primary palliative care
- Addiction services
- Service coordination and referral
- Patient education
- Chronic disease management programs
- Organized health promotion and disease prevention programs
- Innovative physical activity programming
- A comprehensive weight management program
Oxford County Public Health
Oxford County Public Health is Oxford’s local public health unit and offers:
- Programs that promote healthy lifestyles and that aim to prevent illness and disease
- An immunization clinic
- Pregnancy services, After birth services, As your child grows services
- A sexual health clinic
The Woodstock Hospital
The Woodstock Hospital is a brand new, state of the art 178 bed capacity, full-service community hospital. It provides primary care to a population of 55,000 people and offers specialized care to nearly 110,000 within the County. The hospital is dedicated to delivering the highest standard of patient-focused medical care with: a workforce of over 600 and growing, over 100 doctors including those with courtesy and consulting privileges, and over 150 volunteers.
Alexandra Hospital is a full service hospital and has served Ingersoll and the surrounding area for over 100 years.
Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital
Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital is committed to providing the highest standards of quality care to patients and families in Tillsonburg and the surrounding area.